Sunday, June 9, 2013

Busy Work - Furniture Finished

Trying to keep busy around here.  I should be making plans for the "going away" party.  It was suppose to be a easy open house for friends.  Instead, my cute children invited 600 facebook friends!  I am sure they won't all show up, right?!  Anyway, I decided that finishing the desk and dresser was a better use of my time. 

I am pretty happy with the final look of the desk.  It used to be sky blue with some detail around the top edge.  I like the clean look of the white.  I decided to tape off the top and do a border with grey paint to match the knobs.  For the drawers, I found some a piece of scrapbook paper that was a stencil design.  I set it on the drawer front and sponge painted it, removed the stencil, and let it dry.  It did not come out perfectly but I like the variation.  



I am not as excited about the dresser but I just couldn't come up with a better design idea.  I think it will work well in our new home as a second dresser for the master bedroom.  Maybe I will let my husband have it in his closet since I have taken over almost all the drawers of our other dresser.


No comments:

Post a Comment